- March 2013
We have collected a
list with publications related to our products.
- February 2013
In April 2013 we will release the optics course VisualOptics. It gives
a quick introduction to thin film optics with a lot of interactive pages, suitable for self-learning as well as for teaching others.
Click here to see the VisualOptics leaflet..
The latest version of our installer program run_this_first.exe contains a backup feature. To backup your existing SCOUT or CODE installation
copy the new application file to your program directory (like c:\scout or c:\code) and run it. Press the 'Generate backup folder' at the bottom and follow the instructions.
The backup routine will generate an external folder that contains everything needed to re-install the software.
The latest run_this_first version is available in the
- November 2012: Good bye paperwork!
We decided to deliver our products without printed manuals. Several reasons lead to this step: Besides saving trees and reduced transport effort we like the idea to supply our customers with electronic documentation that can be updated easily. Reading on electronic devices becomes more and more comfortable, and we think it is now time to make the change.
In order to provide you with the right type of document we generate 4 flavours: Each manual is available as
Click here to get our electronic manuals.
The web page versions are also accessible directly in the software using the ? submenu.
PDF (for reading on various devices - and printing, if you like)
ePUB (to be read on iOS devices like iPads or ebook-readers)
*.chm file (Windows help)
- April 2012: There is a new section about the
design of thin film solar cells with CODE.
- February 2012: Attention CODE users! We have implemented the 2011 changes of the standard EN410 in our products.
If you compute U- and g-values or UV transmission according to this standard, the values will be slightly different from what you have
got up to now. If you prefer to compute values according to EN410 prior to the 2011 modifications, you can do so: All affected objects
have the option to ignore the changes. Be aware, however, that you must explicitly set this option.
- February 2012: We will exhibit at the
ICCG9 (International Conference on Coatings on Glass and Plastics) in Breda, the Netherlands (June 24-28, 2012).
- January 2012: See us at the
SVC TechCon in Santa Clara
- we will be part of the exhibition (2012-5-1 and 2011-5-2). Our booth number is 852.
- December 2010: We have started a frequently asked question (FAQ) section in the 'Support' area of our website. In case of problems, please consult the answers given there for quick help. If this does not help you to solve the problem, feel free to ask for a specific solution by e-mail or phone.
- December 2010: See us at the
SVC TechCon in Chicago
- we will be part of the exhibition (2011-4-19 and 2011-4-20). Our booth number is 1042.
- December 2010: The beta phase of SCOUT 3.4 and CODE 3.4 is over and we ship the actual versions of both products to new customers.
- February 2010: We will be exhibitors at the
8th International Conference on Coatings on Glass and Plastics
(2010-6-13 to 2010-6-17) in Braunschweig, Germany.
- January 2010: See us at the
SVC TechCon in Orlando
- we will be part of the exhibition (2010-4-20 and 2010-4-21). Our booth number is 915.
- March 2009: W.Theiss will give the presentation (in German) "Modell vs. Statistik: Interpretation und Auswertung optischer Spektren durch Computer-Simulation" at the seminar 'Material 2009' in Potsdam, June 17 and 18, 2009 (organized by Perkin-Elmer Germany)
- December 2008: See us at the
SVC conference in Santa Clara
- we will be part of the exhibition (2009-5-11 and 2009-5-12). Our booth number is 708. Monday afternoon at 1:50 W.Theiss will give a presentation on optical production control (session Large Area Coaters).
- September 2008: The beta phase of SCOUT 3 and CODE 3 is over and we ship the actual versions 3.03 of both products to new customers.
- Starting in 2009, we will offer
for groups of 1 - 10 persons in our new training room: